Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Right Brained Genius

There are some attributes and skills that separate some students from the rest. Some students use the left-brain thought process, while the unique others use the right-brain thought process.

Being a left-brain thinker means that you are good for logic, analysis, sequencing, mathematics, and computation. If you are a right-sided thinker then you are best for your creativity, imagination, visualization, and daydreaming.

John Hickman, an artist at Olathe Northwest, uses his right-brained abilities to create visual masterpieces.

"I visualize things when I am daydreaming and putting those visuals onto paper is a form of my self expression," Hickman said.

Hickman has been a part of the art community for a while now. Some of his pieces have been shown in local art shows, and he has been enrolled in art class's all four years of his high-school career. He is currently taking AP studio art, but mentions some of the weekly obstacles.

"Sometimes my creativity runs out when you have to produce an art piece a week," he said. "In my opinion, creativity can never be placed under a deadline."

Any of John's art pieces can be identified from a mile away. His creativity is unlike any other, and calling his mindset unique would be an understatement.

"I think I owe my creativity to my ability to consistently daydream. I don't excel as well in my core classes, so I hope my gift pays off in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment