Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Creativity in Josh Kukowski

Creativity can be something difficult to explain. Not everyone has this artistic gene and finding a mindset like this one in particular is rare. Josh Kukowski, a senior in AP studio art, uses his abilities to express himself.

“I’m known to be very quiet and introverted but art lets me express myself through creative visuals,” said Kukowski.

Not only does Josh create visuals for personal satisfactions; he also uses his gift to receive scholarship money. He just recently received a visual expression scholarship from the Olathe school district, and plans to put this money fourth to his chosen four-year school.

“I really didn't think that my painting was that good when I sent it in for review, but I guess it turned out better than I thought,” he said.

Josh takes an interest in landscape paintings, but uses different techniques on creating this style of acrylic paint, in order to recreate a scene of his old home.
In Kukowski’s latest painting, he uses acrylic paint to recreate a scene of his old home.

“I chose to do a stream because it reminds me of where I used to live in Minnesota,” he said in his learning statement. “I enjoyed using acrylics with this piece because it was easy to get some bright and vibrant blues and greens into my piece.”

Josh’s next upcoming art shows include:


No comments:

Post a Comment