Sunday, May 17, 2015

Singing like there's no tomorrow

When being raised in a musically-filled household, it's not too uncommon to see a person become involved in a variety of music-related ideas. Jack Williamson knows this better than most.

Jack (above, far left) along with fellow choir members.
Williamson, a senior at Olathe Northwest, has been singing since the day he could talk. He more than
likely owes this to his mom.

"My mom has been singing for most of her life," Williamson said. "I just decided to take after her I guess."

Jack's mother, Pam.
Williamson's mom, Pam, is the director of the choir at Olathe Northwest and is a Grammy-winning artist with the KC Chorale choir. Nonetheless, Williamson has learned more from his mom than he could imagine.

"As I've grown up, I can definitely say that music has made a positive influence on the relationship between me and my mom," he said."I've learned so much from her and music has created a strong bond between us."

Although he is graduating, Williamson believes he will continue to pursue music as he faces the next step in life.

"I will be attending KU next year," he said. "And there, I will do Rock Chalk Revue, a philanthropy for fraternities and sororities where we put on a huge musical."

Majoring in engineering, Williamson will also rush and join Pi Kappa Phi at KU, where he'll hope music can still be a large part of his life.

For more information about the Olathe Northwest choir program, you can click here.

Olathe Northwest Da Capo choir (above) performing at a holiday concert in Kansas City.

No comments:

Post a Comment